WHAT ARE THE EU GREEN BONDS OR GREEN FINANCING ACCORDING TO EU STANDARDS?
EU Green Bonds are any type of listed or unlisted bond or financing or capital market debt instrument where the generated proceeds shall be exclusively used to finance or refinance, in part or in whole, eligible Green Projects, whether new and/or existing that are aligned with the four main objectives of the Green Bond Principles (GBP).
The European Green Bond´s Standard Objectives (EU GBS) are:
- To increase financial funds allocated to green investments and assets.
- To improve the transparency, the comparability, the accountability and the credibility throuhg with the Usability Guide.
- To contribute to the emissions-neutral economy by 2050, together with the Taxonomy.
- To turn into a clear and safe means to guarantee and communicate that the financial investments contribute to EU environmental objectives.
The financial market participants, banks, investment funds, insurance companies, etc., who offer financial products in the EU, must publish to the market, before 31-12-2021, what percentage of their portfolios comply with the Taxonomy and/or are considered Green Bonds, unless issuing a Disclaimer.:
- How and to what extent they have used Taxonomy to determine the sustainability of underlying investments;
- To what environmental objective(s) investments contribute;
- The proportion of underlying investments that are Taxonomy aligned, expressed as a percentage of the investment, fund or portfolio.
We are at your disposal for any management related to sustainable finance in the building sector
We have a team of professionals who can advise you at all times and answer your questions.
In any case, if you want to know how we can help you, contact us today.